Our approach at A Natural Undertaking is simple and we do our very best on every occasion to be fair and transparent in the way we work.
- We are recommended Funeral Directors by The Natural Death Centre
- Families we have supported know that we help to create the funerals or memorials that they want. You can read some reviews here
- We were nominated by the families we have worked with, and were ultimately shortlisted for two awards at the Good Funeral Awards 2015. We were awarded “Green Funeral Director 2015” for our work ensuring green choices are available to all who come to us.
- In 2016 we were nominated for and awarded Modern Funeral Director of the Year at the Good Funeral Awards.
- We are committed to the provision of transparent information and freedom of choice. As a result, in addition to our undertaking services, we:
- have signed the Fair Funerals pledge to help stop funeral poverty
- get involved a great deal in community activities and events through volunteering as facilitators for regular Death Cafes or supporting local and national events to help aid awareness for important end of life choices
- are founding members of the local Kings Heath community collaborative “BrumYODO” which aims to help the people of Birmingham have more open and honest conversations about death and dying
- are founding members of the Home Funeral Network – supporting family led funerals
- We’ve been supported by some of the best in the country:
Carrie is a member of the Natural Death Society and has been supported by some of the most innovative and respected funeral professionals including Clandon Wood Natural Burial Reserve (Winners of Best Natural Burial Ground in the UK 2014 and Cemetery of the Year 2014- Good Funeral Awards), Wallace Stuart Lady Funeral Directors (Winners of Most Promising New Funeral Directors 2014).We also received wisdom and support from Jonathan Howell and Daughters – the only Independent funeral director in Lichfield, and Trevor E W Hickton an independent family owned group of funeral directors.
We have a simple, pared-back business model allowing us to be completely responsive: helping you do what comes naturally for you. You can find out more about what we do in the Our Funerals section.
Reviews on Google
Unattended Cremation: £1,450
Simple Cremation / Burial: £1,955
Creative Funeral: £1,540 plus options
(The above are our fees only – other fees apply)
News / Events
Interested in joining us at a Death Cafe? Learn about our news and the events we’re involved with.
Recent News Stories
- In Memoriam May 2021 6th May 2021
- The First Cheltenham Wellbeing Festival 20th August 2019
- Our appearance on Channel 5’s ‘The Wonderful World of Chocolate’ 19th August 2019
After 8 years we needed to replace our trusty steed the Chrysler- the Tourneo’s not so pretty but we’re hoping that after its makeover with @3SixtyWraps this week it will look the part 🚐 #funeralcars